Wednesday, July 7, 2010

CELEBRATING ON THE 4TH...WELL 3RD, 4TH, AND 5TH!



We first of all want to say thank you to all of our military folks, active and non-active, who risked and are now risking their lives daily to allow us the opportunity to have the freedom in the United States that we have. I think that we take our freedom for granted way too much in today's society. So, I want to take a moment to pray for our military and to let them know that we truly appreciate them.



We did not purposefully start our 4th of July celebration a day early. It just happened to end up like that. We borrowed a huge waterslide from Debbie and Ken Lambert (THANK YOU SO MUCH!!) We had actually had it for a couple of days for our kids to play on. Well on Saturday, my sis and sis-n-law brought their kids over and we just had a big ole playday in the backyard. The weather was awesome and the kids had a blast playing together as usual. Here are a few pics below of the fun.



I know that our kids are blessed to be as close as they are. They stay together throughout the week at our parents houses and yet they can still get together on a Saturday and still have a blast together. I think that's awesome!

On Sunday, the 4th, we went to church and had an awesome worship service. I really enjoy it when we have services where we are all together. It, to me, makes our church feel complete.
Afterwards, we went to mom and dads for one of the most relaxing days that I have had in a while. We took the slide over so the kids could keep on playin. We had some awesome food and I ate until I was stuffed and then some. The kids played hard and then went down for a late nap. It was fun to just hangout as adults and lay in the pool, or lay under the shade and read, or just sit on the porch and chat and enjoy each others company. I really love my family and thank the Lord everyday for the blessings He gives us. Below is some of the Sunday 4th fun.



We decided to keep the party going on Monday by going to AL Adventure. Mom has purchases season passes and takes the kids every week, but we actually had a day off to go join the fun as well. It was a blast!!! I was able to take my two and let them play at the "big kid" park. They don't normally get to do this when they go, so they really enjoyed it. They were able to ride with mom and dad down the big slides and we just had a great day together. The park was so much fun that both of our kids were snoring by the time we got onto the interstate. :) Love my family and love when we get to experience fun things like this past weekend together. Hope all had as much fun on the 4th, before and after, as we did.

But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD’s love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children – Psalm 103:17


1 comment:

  1. fun! love the slideshows... even tho i've seen those pics already, i could look at them a thousand times! i agree, we had a great long weekend too!

    ReplyDelete