Tuesday, December 29, 2009

STIR

STIR......What do you think about when you hear the word stir?

The first thing that comes to mind for me is cake batter or something that has to be done to make oreo snowballs (a favorite at Christmas time around my house!!)
Another wordplay that comes to mind is the phrase "someone who likes to "stir the pot." We often use the word stir here in a negative form. A person who stirs is probably not the best of influences.

Or are they?

The theme of the Strength to Stand Conference I am helping out with is called "STIR." The preface behind the theme is this: In our lives right now, do we and our spirit need to be stirred? Are we living a life that is numb and stagnant? If that is the case, we need the Lord to come "stir" in us. We should not blend in with the world around us. We should take Christ in us and we should be stirring things up for the cause of Christ.

One of my many favorite moments of the conference so far was last night when Audio Unplugged (Audio Adrenaline) was playing in concert. They have a newer song out called "Jealous God" Here are the lyrics below. I will also attach a youtube link so you can see and hear the song, although it is not mine and not filmed from my perspective at our conference.

Now I know that You would stop at nothing
To pull me close and steal my heart away
So here I am broken and listening
Held captive here and I just want to say
You're a jealous God.......for me
And nothing else has ever felt this real to me
You're a jealous God
Through this life everyday You've chased me
Like a treasure underneath the sea
When hope was gone, Jesus you came running
To the ends of the earth for me
You're a jealous God.....for me
And nothing else has every felt this real to me
You're beautiful and furious
I tremble at the thought of this
That you would go to Calvary
How deep your love must be for me
You're a jealous God..........for me
And nothing else has ever felt this real to me
You're a jealous God

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRDPPwcy6c0

What an awesome song, yet what's even more awesome is how true this song is about God. He is jealous for us. He loves the time we come and spend with Him, yet I can only imagine the hurt when we run and ignore Him. My favorite part of the song talks about how everyday He is chasing us. He created us to love Him, to love others, to fellowship with Him, to grow closer to Him. How deep His love is that He would come down to earth and go to Calvary for us. I thank the Lord that I have a God and Savior who chases after me. He never leaves me in the dark. Although I may make some goofy decisions and attempt to run and hide away, He is always right there chasing and calling me back with open arms.

I have needed a "stirring" in my life here recently. And how wonderful it is when it's the Lord's hand who is the one stirring. Continue in prayer for the conference and the kids/adults present. May the Lord continue to show up and show off during the remaining time. God bless.

1 comment:

  1. cool song. never heard until now. glad you had fun on your trip.
    btw, i'm still kinda surprised that you have a blog now! :o)

    ReplyDelete