Friday, December 25, 2009

cRaZy CHRisTmAS!!

















I hope the title is indicative of what kind of day/Christmas week it has been around our house. My wife is without a doubt the most supermomish of all supermoms!! But when mom goes down, you know the saying, we ALL GO DOWN!! What started out as a cold/maybe I should go to the doctor, maybe I will be ok, turned into a massive battle of walking pneumonia with 5 million other side effects wanting to jump in and take part as well. As we speak, she is on the couch with a rag over her eyeballs because they are about to pop out of her head (or she at least wishes they would do such a thing). If you truly know us, you know how in control and on top of things both my wife and I try to be. We are neat freaks, gotta be on top of it freaks, gotta be done our way freaks, don't have time to slow down because we are sick freaks. :) So sickness does not sit well around our house at all.

I will go ahead and lay claim to the fact that God created moms for a reason and dads for a reason, and both are wired so differently that it's not even funny. I realized and learned a very important lesson this week, and that is that God is a creator of balance. Not only does it surround us in the world we live in, it should also be very evident in a marriage. I am very blessed to have a wife who is an awesome caretaker. There are many a days where I know that I have not said thank you enough for the clothes that are clean, the food on the table, the snacks in the pantry, the children still alive and well. As this week progressed and I tried to somewhat play the mom role, the Lord continued to press on my heart how blessed I am with the gift of a wife He has given me. I will say that there were a few moments where I thought that my children would not make it to see today, but we did. So this Christmas season, the lesson learned was to be thankful. Thankful for the loving wife who always gives us her all. I love you and thank you for everything you do for our family!! Thankful for two kids who bless me everyday with their smiling faces, giggles, and imaginations that run wild!! Thankful that life may be in a rough patch right now because of a sickness, but we have more than we could ever ask for.

And thankful most of all that we serve a risen Savior, who was sent to this earth as a gift for us. May we always remember what the Christmas season is truly about.

Luke 2:9-11

Then an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shown around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Don't be afraid, for look, I proclaim to you good news of great joy that will be for all the people: today a Savior, who is Messiah the Lord, was born for you in the City of David."

1 comment:

  1. Mama is back in commission, and things are rolling! Thanks for picking up the slack while I was down. I hope to not be down like that again for a long long time! Love you!

    ReplyDelete