Monday, May 31, 2010

SCHOOL IS OUT FOR SUMMER!!.....HOW DOES SURGERY SOUND??

This is my first real post for the summer. I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago for a checkup, and come to find out, I have a hernia that needed to be removed. Being the go-getters that we are, I knew there wasn't going to be a big window for when I could have hernia surgery. So we set up an appointment for Thursday to try and figure it out. Dr. Rader was very cool and gave us the 411 on the surgery. As we started to lay out dates, he proceeded to let us know that he would be fine doing surgery the next day if we wanted to. Well, knowing that summer school starts in a week and most of my summer is booked with other stuff going on, it was a blessing from God to be able to have the surgery on Friday.



I went in on Friday and everything went very well. I was majorly surprised at how big the incision is, but I am a big scar fan anyways, so it doesn't really bother me. It's funny to watch how shocked others are when they see it though. My buddy Jeff has been calling me a girl for a couple of days, and finally he was able to see the scar and went "holy crap...they almost cut you in half!!" So as most folks begin their summer at the beach or out in the sun somewhere, I begin mine in bed with books, a computer, and lots of movies. It has been very relaxing so far, but I know that I can only lay here for so long before I start to go nuts. Please join me prayer that my body will recover soon so that I can get up and start running around again. My little man is really ready for daddy to be able to wrestle with him again. He is really missing that and so am I!!

Excited though about the rest of summer and what it has to bring. I think we have a lot of good things in the book ready to go. We shall see.

2 comments:

  1. wow... guess i know what you've been doing the past 2 days- blogging!! hope you can keep it up :) and i also was like HOLY CRAP when i saw your scar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't think Josh will be the only one going crazy if he lays in bed for too much longer!!! j/k baby, I love you!

    ReplyDelete