Saturday, February 13, 2010

PUMP IT UP!!! (ALL TO OURSELVES)


This week, Pump it Up had an open playdate and the kids were really wanting to go somewhere to rip and run and just be kids. So we decided to take them to Pump it Up. I will say that anytime I have ever been to Pump it UP, there have always been a ton of folks there and I sometimes worry about letting mine run free because I am scared that they will get knocked off the climbing ladder or something of that nature.

Well this trip to Pump it Up was rare and unusual. We were the only folks in the building, having it all to ourselves. AND WE HAD A BLAST!!! Lala is now of age where she can do most of it herself. We are still a little hesitant about letting her run free, but she did awesome. It was so much fun to just let them jump around and be crazy. It was also so much fun to participate in the experience with them and not just watch from the side.





I will say that they are quickly changing and any memories that we build as a family are priceless. The most fun was playing "popcorn" with them and seeing how high I could shoot them off the blown up ball in the middle. I think at one time I almost launched Lala out of the entire cage. :) Caden has become very brave and that warms my heart as a dad, but also know from experience what that may hold. He was going down the big slide forwards, backwards, upside down, and towards the end got a little too brave!!

He decided to barrel roll from the top of the big slide. The first roll was good..........the second roll looked like Carl Edwards coming across the finish line at Talladega...... Half upside down and crashing into the side wall. Thanks to the Lord, he was fine, but I don't think he will be doing the barrel roll at Pump it Up anymore!! Caden said "That was sorta fun but sorta scary!!"

I thank the Lord everyday for my wife and my little monkeys and so glad that I have the opportunity to do fun things like this with them.

The family that plays together, stays together.

1 comment: