Wednesday, March 24, 2010

MARRIAGE RETREAT

One of the cool things we did to close out the month of March was our Marriage Retreat at ACF. Joe and Sharon Mayeaux came in and were our leaders for the retreat. They used the book "Love and Respect" which is one of Shannon and mine's favorite books. It has helped us in so many ways as we have found ourselves and each other along our marriage journey. Both sets of Briz's were able to join us at our retreat and it was a very good time. Although it was one of the quicker retreats that we have had, it was very good. One of my favorite moments of the night was being able to be paired up with Brent and Stephanie (God arranged as usual) :) and we were able to pray for each other and each other's marriages. I am blessed to have so many people in my life who are there for me and want the best from me, but also want the best of my marriage with my wife. I think accountability partners are huge. We closed the retreat out with a wonderful dinner and nice lowlight candlelight setting. It was an awesome retreat and I hope we are able to do it again next year.
Oh, and funniest highlight of the night here was the play that Bitsy put together that started "Adam and Eve". Hilarious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment